Just fyi: The Ouran subtitles in this boxed set are HORRIBLE! *laughs* Luckily, I know a lot from the manga now, as well as the fansubs, so when it gets really confusing, I usually know what's going on. And I have been going to Spencer's online dictionary for when something short in Japanese pops up and the translation is wonky.
My few semesters in Japanese, though I feel I am still at toddler level, has really helped me. I do use it, usually when we are watching anime with store fronts or signs.
I only have the first four translated manga of Yami no Matsuei (what great artwork!) so I looked through the rest of my Japanese editions and picked up on a few words, too. Yay, me! Having some Japanese manga around does help keep me from completely losing what little Japanese I have in hard memory.
On the gaming front: We are playing Racket and Clank II right now, and having a blast! We did not realize we hadn't played it. After we are done, we go on to R&C3, which we had started, then realized we didn't know some of the characters, which made us realize we had skipped an entire game. Now that a new game will be available for the PS3 in the future, it makes us think more about getting one. We will still wait for prices to go down on the PS3, though.
We started God of War, but again, it was just a lot of hitting so when rat is in the mood to be more destructive, we will continue it.
Manga: I was going to put aside some money for manga this month, but we are going to do a day trip to a bjd con in Austin toward the end of this month and I know I will be wanting to purchase some clothes for my resin bishies.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*